- Great flute website, but especially biographical info and historical recordings at Robert Bigio's site
- Here's an interview of Robert Willoughby, one of my teachers, plus a recording
- Advice on [orchestral] audition taking, from my former teacher, Julia Bogorad Kogan
- Polyphonic - the Orchestra Musician Forum (get it - many voices!), with links to masterclasses, events, thoughtful discussions
- Flute History - a great resource for historical info from Ardal Powell
- TedTalks: Music - the name says it all!
Inspiration on how to practice, reflection, performance presentation, and being a musician:
- The Bulletproof Musician - I love this blog! Weekly postings
- Angela Myles Beeching, author and musician. Sign up for weekly career inspiration emails
- Tonal Energy - the best app you'll ever buy
- The Tuning CD - reference tones for your practicing
- The Musician's Way blog - a great resource for practicing, performance strategies, and career advice
- Peak Performance for Musicians - lots of great articles and ideas
- Don Greene - terrific information for performing your best and discovering your strengths
- Brainpickings - inspirational reading lists, articles, and other ideas!
- Recommended books on musicianship and interpretation
- Sound in Motion - great book!
- Musical interpretation - some ideas
- National Flute Association homepage - are you a member?
- Florida Flute Association - I first joined as a high school student!
- British Flute Society - learn about trends across the pond
- NAfME - National Association of Music Education - great tools for students, educators, and musicians alike. They have a helpful glossary for Careers in Music
- College Music Society - a resource for college students and professionals
Professionalism Guides: Presenting Yourself!